Carter Burden Network Careers
Join Our Team!
Thank you for your interest in the Carter Burden Network. Our mission is to promote the well-being of seniors, 60 and older, through a continuum of services, advocacy and volunteer programs in NYC oriented to individual, family and community needs.
We are dedicated to supporting the efforts of older people to live safely and with dignity and seek outstanding and diverse candidates with ambition, compassion and a dedication to our mission.
The Carter Burden Network offers competitive benefits to full-time salaried employees.
We encourage you to review our available job descriptions and apply to our open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Available job/internship openings will be posted below:
SOCIAL WORKER - COMMUNITY ELDER MISTREATMENT AND ABUSE PREVENTION PROGRAM (CEMAPP)
Essential Duties and Functions
Under supervision of Director of CEMAPP responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide case assistance, supportive counseling and crisis intervention services to elder abuse clients who live in Manhattan.
- Provide and establish care plans following a comprehensive assessment.
- Conduct home visits and escorts to court/police precincts as needed.
- Develop working plans with clients and families to stabilize crisis in potentially harmful situations with on-going monitoring, as needed.
- Evaluate clients need to receive available entitlements and benefits, and connect clients to available agencies and in certain cases, initially preparing documents for applications process until transfer is discussed to determine permanent case management agency/worker.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case records, prepare assessments and compile statistics as required. Utilize DFTA STARS/Peer Place to enter client assessments and information.
- Represent agency and CEMAPP meetings for information and/or training.
- Participate in agency-wide emergency on-call coverage for clients following completion of six month probation.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends in gerontology
- Exhibit awareness of agency and community resources and effectively utilize both in the course of working with clients.
- Ability to incorporate Mission Statement philosophy in work with clients.
- MSW (LMSW preffered) with experience working with seniors.
- Knowledge of domestic violence/abuse dynamics highly desirable.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required.
Please submit resume and cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
PART TIME MASTERS SOCIAL WORKER - METRO EAST 99th STREET ADULT DAY PROGRAM
The Master Social Worker (MSW) will work closely with the Program Coordinator and the Director of the Adult Day Program to assist with carrying out services needed for the individualized care plans (ICP) needs and interests of the participants. The MSW will assist with support services for the participants and provide support, referrals, and linkages with external providers to better serve and assist with the best practices of the participants and program.
Essential Duties and Functions
Under the supervision of the Metro East 99th Street Program Coordinator, the MSW responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Conduct interviews with participants/providers to determine the individualized care plan needs.
- Complete Assessment for all participating participants and new enrollees referred by the Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) providers and/or walk-ins.
- Provide psychosocial information for participants to MLTC for additional supportive services outside the spectrum of the Social Adult Day Treatment Model.
- Provide supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and grief counseling to participants, their families and/or significant others.
- Implement a social work treatment/continuing care plan involving the participant as needed and/or recommended by the MLTC or other Qualified Health Professionals (QHP).
- Develop groups, workshops and curriculum based on the needs of the participants in the program.
- MSW with a minimum of one year experience working with behavioural health and disabled populations living within the community. Consideration given to applicants seeking licensure in New York State within one (1) year of employment.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter in an email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Carter Burden Network is an equal opportunity employer.