Carter Burden Network Careers
Join Our Team!
Thank you for your interest in the Carter Burden Network. Our mission is to promote the well-being of seniors 60 and older through a continuum of services, advocacy, arts and culture and volunteer programs, all oriented to individual, family and community needs.
We are dedicated to supporting the efforts of older people to live safely and with dignity and seek outstanding and diverse candidates with ambition, compassion and a dedication to our mission.
The Carter Burden Network offers competitive benefits to full-time salaried employees.
We encourage you to review our available job descriptions and apply to our open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Available job/internship openings will be posted below:
Receptionist - Carter Burden Network Headquarters
The receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
The receptionist is the first point of contact for clients of the Carter Burden Network and it is therefore important that this person possess excellent welcoming skills.
35 hours/week Monday – Friday
As the agency expands, the position may have greater responsibilities
• Receive, direct and relay calls to appropriate parties
• Handle caller inquiries
• Greet, assist and/or direct students, visitors and clients
• Respond to public inquiries
• Maintain daily and monthly Information & Referral Statistics
• Use postage machine as required and bring mail to mailbox once or twice daily
• Open office at 9:00 am each day and lock office door at 5:00 pm each evening
• Follow schedule provided by Social Service Department for intake rotation for new clients
• Maintain schedule for once monthly Legal Clinic and direct clients to lawyer
• Ensure that printed information is adequately stocked and up-to-date
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Office administration experience
• Computer skills including ability to create spreadsheet and use a word processing program
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Patience with clients
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of the Carter Burden Center for the Aging – DBA Carter Burden Network (CBN) to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.
CBN is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CBN to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is the policy of CBN to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.
CBN’s designated person for issues concerning Equal Employment Opportunity is:
Loy Mulyagonja, CFO
Carter Burden Network
415 East 73rd St.
NY, NY 10021