Carter Burden Network Careers
Join Our Team!
Thank you for your interest in the Carter Burden Network. Our mission is to promote the well-being of seniors, 60 and older, through a continuum of services, advocacy and volunteer programs in NYC oriented to individual, family and community needs.
We are dedicated to supporting the efforts of older people to live safely and with dignity and seek outstanding and diverse candidates with ambition, compassion and a dedication to our mission.
The Carter Burden Network offers competitive benefits to full-time salaried employees.
We encourage you to review our available job descriptions and apply to our open positions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Available job/internship openings will be posted below:
SOCIAL WORKER - COMMUNITY ELDER MISTREATMENT AND ABUSE PREVENTION PROGRAM (CEMAPP)
Essential Duties and Functions
Under supervision of Director of CEMAPP responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide case assistance, supportive counseling and crisis intervention services to elder abuse clients who live in Manhattan.
- Provide and establish care plans following a comprehensive assessment.
- Conduct home visits and escorts to court/police precincts as needed.
- Develop working plans with clients and families to stabilize crisis in potentially harmful situations with on-going monitoring, as needed.
- Evaluate clients need to receive available entitlements and benefits, and connect clients to available agencies and in certain cases, initially preparing documents for applications process until transfer is discussed to determine permanent case management agency/worker.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case records, prepare assessments and compile statistics as required. Utilize DFTA STARS/Peer Place to enter client assessments and information.
- Represent agency and CEMAPP meetings for information and/or training.
- Participate in agency-wide emergency on-call coverage for clients following completion of six month probation.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends in gerontology
- Exhibit awareness of agency and community resources and effectively utilize both in the course of working with clients.
- Ability to incorporate Mission Statement philosophy in work with clients.
- MSW (LMSW preffered) with experience working with seniors.
- Knowledge of domestic violence/abuse dynamics highly desirable.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of the Carter Burden Center for the Aging – DBA Carter Burden Network (CBN) to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.
CBN is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CBN to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is the policy of CBN to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.
CBN’s designated person for issues concerning Equal Employment Opportunity is:
Loy Mulyagonja, CFO
Carter Burden Network
415 East 73rd St.
NY, NY 10021